The NSSF (the firearm trade change firm) has just released its Firearm creation record for 2020. including manufacturing information from 2018 and 2019, the report breaks down how many of each class of firearm became manufactured and imported, and approximately how many are in civilian possession. listed here are the highlights:
- In 2018, 11.four million total firearms had been produced or imported in the united states (less exported firearms).
- about one-half (forty eight%) of all rifles produced and imported (much less exports) in 2018 were modern wearing Rifles.
- considering the fact that 1990, there are an estimated 19.8 million modern wearing Rifles (MSRs) in circulation today.
- An interim 2019 estimate showed a complete of 6 million complete firearms were produced in the u.s.. Of those, 3.6 million were pistols and revolvers, 2 million had been rifles and 480,000 have been shotguns. those are period in-between figures that can be up-to-date when complete reviews become available from the ATF.
- In 2019, there have been about 3.three million firearms imported into the us which included 2.3 million pistols and revolvers, 301,000 rifles and 678,000 shotguns.
- From 1991 to 2019, almost 214 million firearms were made purchasable to the U.S. market.
- in accordance with stories reminiscent of: ATF Firearms Commerce in the united states, ATF AFMER and Congressional research service statistics, there are an estimated 434 million firearms in civilian possession in the u.s..
- There are approximately seventy one.2 million pistol magazines able to protecting more than 10 rounds, and 79.2 million rifle magazines capable of conserving 30 or greater rounds in circulation.
- Firearm and ammunition manufacturing accounted for well-nigh 12,000 personnel producing over $three.9 billion in items shipped in 2018. An estimated eight.7 billion rounds of all calibers and gauges were produced in 2018 for the U.S. market.
The finished record, and many other firearm trade studies and reviews, can also be found and bought on the NSSF web site.